Tuesday 27 January 2015

Butterfly Jewels

It's ages since I had chance to enter the Butterfly Challenge, but I noticed that the current theme is Butterflies and Brads and having a few spare minutes, decided to make a card.

I've just bought the Joy Crafts corner die, and was itching to use it. Using four together makes a pretty frame for the butterflies (a Cheery Lynn die) and the sentiment (Inky Doodles). I cut off part of the diecuts (it has a pointy sticky out bit in the middle!) so they didn't take up so much room in the square, and attached them to some patterned paper (Melissa Francis) along with some pearl brads. This was then matted onto some pink pearlescent paper. That's about it really.



It was a rush job because I started making the card and then realised I had about 30 minutes to finish it, get it photographed and upload it in time to meet the challenge deadline! I think I just made it! Phew! Thanks for looking!


6 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hello Lynne,
Nice to see you playing again. You did indeed make it in time. My mind is whirling trying to work out which twiddly bits you cut off the die Lol. Makes a super square up. Love the background colourings and those brads are rather stylish too. Thank you for fluttering in to play #22. hugs Mrs A.

Jean said...

A beautiful card Lynne, the die cut corners are gorgeous and I love the pretty designer paper.
Jean x

sweet art designs said...

Very pretty card. I love your die cuts and background. Thank you for sharing with us at The Butterfly Challenge. - Myrna Challenge #22 Guest Designer

kiwimeskreations said...

Lynne this is gorgoeus - love the soft colours of the dp, and the beautiful butterflies you have used. That corner die is beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

lisa said...

Beautiful, Lynne. I love how you've made the corners into a frame, it looks great.
Hugs Lisax

Sally H said...

A beautiful card, Lynne! So pleased you found the die you were looking for. You have used it perfectly to frame those fab butterflies